- We asked the question: Which gets hotter in the sun? Sand, soil, or water?
- We made hypothesis by using our schema (what we already know).
- In groups we gathered our materials and put one thermometer into each cup, careful to cover the bulb.
- We took an initial temperature and recorded it.
- Next, we took our cups outside and sat them in direct sunlight. We left the cups for 20 minutes.
- We went back outside and took another reading of the temperatures and recorded them. (They had really risen!)
- We came to the conclusion that the sun heats the earth. The sun made the soil the hottest. The water was the coolest.
Monday, October 8, 2012
Being A Scientist
On Friday we practiced using the Scientific Method to see "What Gets Hotter?"
We had fun being scientists today!
Posted by Ashley at 7:49 PM